Working with Rasters to Finish Summer 2020

Working with Rasters was an extra assignment that I really wanted to complete, and the result of running the script can be seen in the screenshot below. Additionally, there is also a .jpg image of the resulting raster created by the script, and shared from ArcGIS Pro:



A challenge I faced with this assignment was the value assignments for slope and aspect. I am not sure if I have them written incorrectly, or being applied incorrectly, but I have been unsuccessful in figuring out why the raster only shows values of 0 and 1. Luckily, the script itself seems to work well and I will be able to continue working with this script to get it right in the future. 

I enjoy working with raster information and this assignment is definitely a good start in understanding the possibilities when using Python to create and manipulate raster data. It was strange, because we were not required to include the GetMessages(), but it seemed like a huge benefit to the flow when running the script. 

A great finale to an informative and fun Summer GIS Programming course at UWF... see you for Fall 2020!

Comments