More than Imagining using ERDAS IMAGINE!

This week, we were able to experiment with new software (at least for me), ERDAS IMAGINE, which we used for interpretation and classification of a remote sensing images. For the map image, we set the color bands to 5, 4, 3 RGB (TM False Natural Color) to display relevant features, and exported the image to ArcGIS Pro to finish the cartography, first adding a row to identify the area in acres, for each type of image classification:


Before we did this, we dove deeper into the equations and concepts of electromagnetic radiation (EMR), in which I got to brush up on my math skills. The technical photography courses I took helped me a lot with this lesson, giving me a bit of a background in the spectrum. Although this module definitely taught me much more detail, and guided us through calculating the amount of energy in relation to wavelength, etc. 

Last, we worked through the fundamentals of using ERDAS IMAGINE more thoroughly, closing with an exercise with attributes based on soil characteristics. A lot of thinking and work went into this week, but I am feeling more confident with the ERDAS IMAGINE software and always appreciate a chance to make an interesting map.   

Comments